Lab-Aids' Online Portal is now fully integrated with Google Classroom. This integration eliminates the need for manual rostering by using Google Classroom to import students, teachers, and classes to our Portal. We are in the process of allowing multiple domains and anticipate being able to test this feature by August 2019.
**These instructions below are meant for customers who meet Google Classroom integration requirements and who have already been set up for integration by Lab-Aids. If we have not yet confirmed with you that your integration is set up, then you will need to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.**
Before you can complete any of these tasks, Lab-Aids needs to set up your integration and give you the green light to complete the following steps.
Initial Roster Sync
1. Log into the Lab-Aids portal using the "Log in With Google" button at https://portals.lab-aids.com
2. After entering valid credentials, Google will ask you to give our Portal (provided by MagicBox) permissions to access your Google Classroom. The pop-up will look something like this:
3. Our Portal will automatically detect users coming from the Google Classroom school domain. Go to the "Settings" tab from the left menu, click "Connect with Google Classroom", and select both sync options available. All the Class Rosters and Assignments will be imported.
4. The initial sync of Class Rosters can take up to 6 hours to complete. You will receive an email notification when the process is completed. Note that our Portal syncs all users and Classes contained in your G Suite domain, despite that only a subset of users will be assigned a license to access your online content.
Verify Initial Roster Sync for Accuracy
5. Verify the Initial Roster Sync for Accuracy: Once the initial sync of Class Rosters is complete, the school admin should review for accuracy and completion. Again, this initial sync can take up to 6 hours to complete.
a. You'll need to verify that class numbers, teacher numbers, and student numbers are accurate. To do this, click on Roster > Class, Roster > Teacher, and Roster > Student, and look at the number displayed in the bottom left corner.
Assign Licenses to Teachers
6. The School Admin will then assign the licenses to teachers. This gives teachers access to content.
Note: Occasionally, you may need to restart or reboot the Google Classroom sync if data is not being properly synced. Please see this resource if you suspect there are problems.
Teachers will log into the Lab-Aids portal using the "Log in With Google" button at https://portals.lab-aids.com.
7. Teachers will need to assign books to their students and click the checkbox to assign to Google Classroom.
8. Once teachers assign books to their students, these assignments will automatically appear in your students' Google Classroom streams.
9. Google Classroom Assignments are made available to Teachers and Students within the Lab-Aids Portal. Teachers can sync/import all the assignments from Google Classroom stream into the Lab-Aids Portal by clicking on "Settings" and then toggling the Sync Settings.
10. Teachers can manage Google Classroom Assignments within the Lab-Aids Portal.
11. Once the teacher assigns the book to students, the book will appear in students' Google Classroom streams. Students click on the book/assignment.
12. Once students click on the book/assignment, they will be logged into the Lab-Aids Portal and where they will see the assignment details page. From here, students can read the book by clicking on the "Start Assignment" button.
13. Students can view any Google Classroom Assignments assigned to them within the Lab-Aids Portal.
Need more assistance? Please contact email@example.com.