The following requirements must be met for a successful Google Classroom integration with the Lab-Aids Portal. Please see the Google Classroom Integration Guide for further info on how the integration works and instructions on how to perform the integration.
- All users that need access to our curriculum must be users of Google Classroom, not just G Suite.
- User roles (teacher vs. learner) must be established for all users.
- All users must be part of a Class defined in Google Classroom.
- All Classes must be uniquely defined and not distinguish themselves on Class metadata.
- The G Suite Super Admin must serve as the admin for your Lab-Aids Portal account to perform the initial roster sync and assign licenses to teachers.
- The G Suite Super Admin may need to log into the Lab-Aids Portal and complete a sync every 30 days to renew your token (which gives us permission to sync rosters).
Other Important Notes:
- All users on your G Suite domain will be rostered into the Lab-Aids Portal. We do not currently have a method of rostering just subsets of users.
- All teachers can view class roster information for all students and teachers on your domain. This information includes student/teacher first name, last name, username, and class associations. Teachers have no other access or authority for classes they are not associated with.
- Users are rostered if they are in an active status and are associated with at least one class.