FREE WORKSHOP for Regional Leaders in Science and STEM education
February 2, 2017
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
New England Science and Sailing Foundation, 70 Water Street, Stonington, CT
Hosted by the New England Science & Sailing Foundation (NESSF) and East Bay Educational Collaborative (EBEC)
At this workshop you will learn how two nationally recognized non-profit organizations and regional leaders for science education can help you create and support an effective curriculum & implementation for the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for 2017, K-12 .
This work shop will provide information on:
• An overview of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
• How you can utilize nationally developed science kit programs, specifically aligned to NGSS, such as FOSS and SEPUP for K-8 in an affordable manner
• The latest high school programs developed nationally and about current grant supported opportunities;
• Learn about a cost effective approach for implementation and continuing science materials resources support ;
• Learn about free professional development opportunities and other grant opportunities
Morning Coffee, Luncheon, and door prizes will be provided. Please note this facility is not handicap accessible at this time
Online advance registration by January 24, 2017 is required. Registration limited to 30 participants. REGISTER HERE
Further information is on the EBEC or NESS websites: ebecri.org or nessf.org
Questions? Email Ronald.Kahn@ebecri.org or call (401) 245-4998 X304
Support for this event has been provided by NESS, EBEC, and Lab-Aids, Inc.